I am Norm.
I live in Randolph, NJ. I teach drums at a few music stores. I play ukulele poorly.
Here's some music I like (but it doesn't matter):
- Bad Brains
- Kate Bush
- Black Flag
- Miles Davis
- Dead Kennedys
- Sun Ra
- Melt Bananna
- The Locust
- Brian Eno
- Teenage Jesus and the Jerks
- Throbbing Gristle
I make recordings.
Here are some of my favorites
- I wrote and recorded these songs by myself. All were written between 2008 and 2012.
- I played in The Rockin' Beats, a free improvisation band, from 2009-2010. We recorded two albums, Kit Kat Sin and There are Worse Things than Being Alone.
- I held a noise party with 50% non-musicians on January 1st, 2011.
- Here's a sample of my drumming, cut from some of my favorite recordings.
I own equipment.
- PA System: PA Head with 2 speakers, 300W RMS.
- Microphones: 6 Samson R11 Microphones + 2 overhead condensers
- Recording Equipment:
- 4 channel digital audio interface
- Zoom H4 digital recorder
- Linux based digital audio workstation.
- 4 Drum kits (3 acoustic, 1 electronic)
- 2 Ukuleles (acoustic and electric)
- Electric kazoo
- Circuit bent Casio CT-310 Keyboard
- Recycled drum kit (See photo.)
- Homemade instruments, too numerous to mention
I want to be in a band that screams and pisses people off. With sounds that people hate (for instance, squeaky sax, cheezy synthesizers, or that sound styrofoam makes when it rubs against each other). And then I wanna go to open mic nights and disappoint people.
If you're also looking for a band, and play any instrument whatsoever, email me at email@example.com.